Today, I went to Junction 8 with my mother to send my little sister the tuition center. I went to Comics Connection in Junction 8 and the shop was filled with secondary school pupils! I was the only person(besides the staff) not wearing school uniform. It was an awkward situation, so I went to Virtualand. To my suprise, the animal kaiser machines were totally empty! I was one of the only people near the animal kaiser machine(I have also caught the "AK" virus!). So I changed the notes for tokens. I looked around nervously and thought that the machines were hacked, or something wrong with the machine. I was wrong, the machine worked perfectly. I continued to play until all the tokens ran out. Then this one boy approached me and took a look when I was flipping my album(I have been playing for sometime and now put my cards in an album.) This animal kaiser game has attracted the likes of parents and children alike, this game is more about luck than tactical strategy. Except the part when you have to match the cards to get the best possible combo. Some people sell cards to earn extra $$$, they sell the extra foil cards(Gold, Silver and Bronze). I saw on Ebay, that sellers can sell 1 whole set of Ver1/2 for S$400! Some hardcore players can actually spend thousands of $$$ to win in competition.
In opinion, buying good cards are a waste of money. They are just meant to either help people win in competition or just to show off. In the end, when the animal kaiser trend ends, people will realise that they spent their money on unimportant things! Some people play for fun, some people play professionally. In my case, I play for fun. It does not matter if other people have better cards, the thing that matters is that you have fun. At the end of the day, you will understand that trends like this will end, but you will remember the joy of playing this game.
That is my thought of the day.
Cheers,
Kevin.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment