Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thoughts of the day!

Today, Ms Chia shared with us an interesting story about her friend's son, Isaac.(I hope I spelled that correctly!) This 5 year old boy knows how to manipulate other people, and he is only 5 years old!(wow! at 5 years old, I was learning my 2nd language.) This boy is really smart! My opinion about Ms Chia's story is that when parenting, we need to be careful and think things through before making the wrong move.
Ms Chia also asked us to read 2 compositions. One of which was Chester's and the other was Zong Rui. After I read the 2 compositions, I thought: Hey! Chesters one is really good! It has a lot of action, speech, and feelings! I support this composition, and take note to remember of it as it is a great composition. Zong Rui's one on the other hand, is too dramatic! It's the same as saying a 11-13 year old boy crying for his girl friend passionately as she might have died! That is not a common sight, it is really rare or impossible to see such a scene in real life, so it is not realistic enough for the reader to believe that all this might happen!The positive things to say are Zong Rui elaborated more than Chester. He was creative and descriptive. The negative points about Chesters composition is the Paper airplane stunt. As if the paper airplane would be lucky enough to fly out of the window on the ceiling! Not likely going to happen in real life, and the paper appeared out of thin air. The main character was hiding and hoping not to get discovered by the robbers. That is a fairytale. The robbers would be smart enough to check the surrounding area for witnesses and shoot them dead. What I am saying is that I prefer Chesters compositition over Zong Rui's composition, not that I don't like Zong Rui's compo. I think both of them have more space to improve on such as paragraphing for Zong Rui and more "colourful" phrases from Chester.

That's my opinion, how about yours?
Cheers,
Kevin.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent insight. The very fact that you can comment that of their compositions show that you also have a high expectation on yourself when you write.I'm really looking forward to read stories you all write.

    ReplyDelete