Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My drug story

Drug Addict
By Kevin Bun

“Hmm….What is this?” I murmured, holding a box of Ecstasy. At that point of time, I did not know what I was getting myself into, or what Ecstasy was. Unknowingly, I ate the ecstasy pill.
Suddenly, I felt a great wave of energy course through my veins. It was a great feeling. I felt that I could do anything, I accepted my true self for the first time in my entire life. Being a pimple-faced freak, I was extremely shy about my appearance, until now. My friends in school had given me this box. I felt very unsure at that time, but now I know why they offered it to me. The whole day I felt like I was full of energy. I did not feel afraid! It was great.
The next day, I felt really tired and was easily irritated at school. My friends came back and offered me some more ecstasy. I really thought about it. My conscience told me not to, but my dark side told me to take it. I reflected on how I felt yesterday and I wanted to feel it again, so I took the drug and gulped it down. The awesome feeling came back. I felt as energized as yesterday.
Today, I was totally energized. After school, my friends asked me to go to this cool, new pub called “The Matrix”. I decided to tag along as I thought it sounded cool
When we arrived, people started to rush up to me and asked me for ecstasy. I stared at my friends in excitement, and shouted at them, “What is this?” “Oh, they want ecstasy from you!” They shouted back. One of my friends passed me 20 to 50 boxes of ecstasy. The crowd demanded it and bought it for top price. After the sale, I had earned around $600. I myself had taken 2 pills of ecstasy. Suddenly, the sound of a siren filled the pub.
What is that sound? I thought. As I looked at the entrance of the pub, 4 policemen crashed the door down. The yelled freeze and demanded the drug dealer of ecstasy. I ran immediately. My friends did not dare help me; instead they made way for the police. I looked at them with eyes full of sorrow.
I ran with all my might. It was no use. I could feel the effect of the Ecstasy wearing off. By the time the drug wore off, I was handcuffed and shoved into the police car. My parents were at the scene, looking at me with disappointed eyes. I looked down in humiliation. I had learned my lesson not to trust my “true friends”.

1 comment:

  1. Good story! but i agree with miss chia a lot of missing links

    ReplyDelete