Well, I fell that it takes more than Intelligence and Diligence to win a race. It takes luck, coordination, strategy and other minor factors.
Now, to talk about the Hare's point of view.
I will definitely win the race! That slow tortoise will not win! He is so slow, I bet it will take him 1 year to finish the race!
Now, talk about the tortoise's point of view. (Note, my tortoise suffers from multiple personality disorder...)
(Feel like giving up side) Darn. How can I win? That Hare is so fast, I bet he will only have to take one leap to finish this short race. While I will take a year to complete it!
(Motivational side) Don't give up! I know we can do it!
(Feel like giving up side) NO I can't!
(Motivational side) YES I can! That's it! I'm sick of your "give up" attitude!
(Motivational side) punches (Feel like giving up side)
(Feel like giving up side) falls down and faints.
(Motivational side) takes over body.
The big day comes. The race goes on. The Hare leaps 3 meters while the Tortoise move 1 inch. The Hare continues at lightning fast speed! He turns back. That was his mistake.
The Hare squints his eyes, but could not see any sign of the tortoise. He sees a shady tree and decides to take a nap... Time flies and by the time the Hare woke up, the tortoise was crawling on the path, right in front of him. He was startled. So he decides to rush to the finish line. Again, he takes a look back at the Tortoise, and sees him struggling to reach to the finish. His heart melts at the sight of this.So he decides to let go of his title as Race king champion and went to help the Tortoise. At the last minute, the Tortoise back-stabbed the Hare and takes the title. At that point of time, his third side, (The evil side) took over his body and won the race, despite the Hare helping him.
The Hare was left standing there, open-mouthed, wide-eyed and furious!
After the race, he approaches the Tortoise and gives him a punch in the face. The Tortoise reacted by stepping on his tail, then, Hare's tail was long. Hare shouts in agony and pain. He struggles to pull away, but in the end he ends up tearing his own tail apart. When the (Motivational side) kicked in, he apologize profusely, and back in his own mind, he punches the (evil side) until it bowed down and apologized to the (motivational side). The Tortoise (Motivational side) decides to move away to a land called Wunderville, and so his new life starts to unfold...
Based on the story above, please comment on what you feel about the Tortoise and the Hare.
Yours sincerely,
Kevin
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment