“Quick Jack! You have to see this!” Paul Shouted excitedly. I hurried over to my best friend’s side.
“What is it?” I asked in curiosity.
“It looks like an egg,” he replied.
We were at a river in the outskirts of town. It was the school holidays, my best friend Paul and I decided to go exploring in hopes of finding something interesting to do. So we decided to go into the mysterious river near our town. Rumour has it that this gigantic river was home to some fresh water crocodiles and we were hoping to find one. With our “excavation kit” on the soft lush grass, I got out of the murky waters. Paul followed me shortly.
“Could you pass that thing to me?” I asked while I stretched my hand out.
“Yeah, sure,” Paul replied as he passed the shiny oval object to me.
I examined it further. The object was flawless. It had a perfect oval shape and no bumps. It was extraordinarily white as it shone in the scorching afternoon sun.
“What do you think about it?” Paul asked me as he lay down on the grass.
“I’m not sure, might be a crocodile’s egg,” I replied, engrossed in the object.
At the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow in the water. I jerked up and asked Paul, “Hey, did you see that?”
“See what?” he said as he carried himself up.
“I thought I saw something in the water… Oh well, might just be my imagination,” I said as I swept the thought of a crocodile out my mind.
I placed the egg down and looked at Paul. His face was as white as sheet, a horrified expression plastered his face.
“What…” I was about to ask him when it struck.
It lunged at me. I was taken aback by the sudden attack. Then the pain kicked in. Before I could react, a massive crocodile sunk its fangs into my leg. I shrieked in pain. Before I knew it, I was dragged back into the murky waters. I was spun around and around in the water, trying very hard to stay alive. It was like the crocodile had endless amounts of energy. It clenched its teeth tighter. The pain was excruciating. I wanted to open my mouth to release all my emotions, but I knew that if I did that, I would be dead meat, literally. Then, it continued thrashing in the water along with me. I was encased in a flurry of crimson bubbles. My vision was blurred. Then it started getting darker and darker. I felt very light-headed, like I was about to faint. My lungs burned. I could not take it anymore. Just when I was about to open my mouth, the crocodile let go. I took the golden opportunity and swam to the surface of the water. I took a big gulp of fresh air. How it rejuvenated my lungs.
Slowly, I regained my composure and saw Paul throwing rocks at the giant beast. I trudged myself to the river bank, leaving a trail of thick blood on the grass. Just then, Paul glanced at me for a second, enough for the crocodile to strike back. It lunged forward like it did to me. This time, Paul cleverly anticipated it and slammed the creatures’ snout with his fists. I painfully made my way to my bag and fished out my Sony Ericson Aino from the front pocket of my “Excavation Kit”. I dialled for the police and ambulance, telling them the situation we were in. Then as I wanted to tell the good news to Paul, he was nowhere in sight. The crocodile found its new victim.
A few minutes later, the police, the ambulance and animal control came to the scene. Animal control took care of the crocodile and the paramedics took Paul and I to the hospital. He was in critical condition, worse than me.
In the ambulance, Paul’s heart rate began quickening its pace. I sat the quietly. The world around me seemed to slow down. The paramedics frantically tried to save him, but to no avail. He was dead. My best friend, the one I shared my sad and happy times with, was dead. My whole world crashed down like a burning building. The paramedics sat down slowly, looking shocked. They failed to save him. I looked at his lifeless body, the calm expression on his face. I knew he was somewhere happy. A tear rolled down my cheek.
The red text was the part I could not finish within 40 mins. I did some planning for 10 mins. Pleas comment on it. Thanks and good luck! :)
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment